What is The Guerrilla Chemist Chemix
Chemix is a pre-workout that has a lot of hype around it. Developed by the infamous Guerrilla Chemist, Bryan Moskow this sports supplement has quite a hefty and promising mix of ingredients. The product packs 15 ingredients for a variety of benefits with four of those transparently dosed and the other 11 wrapped up in a non-transparent energy blend.
What is in The Guerrilla Chemist’s Pre Workout?
The four transparent ingredients in the Chemix Pre-Workout start with 2g of the PeakO2 performance blend, a gram of Kanna (sceletium tortuosum), 600mg of the focus enhancer lion’s mane, and a solid 3g of the branded pump ingredient GlycerPump glycerol.
PeakO2 – Led primarily by Cordyceps militaris, PeakO2 is a patented blend of performance-enhancing mushrooms. Sold by Compound Solutions, the ingredient has a ton of extremely interesting research supporting its use as an ergogenic aid. Over time and anecdotal use, it’s one of those compounds that just gets better and better as we see the research pan out and use it over the course of time.
GlycerPump – This is a patented form of glycerol. GlycerPump contains 65% glycerol by weight like some competitors, but doesn’t spoil as others do, and mixes well in powders (in fact, it straight up tastes great). They developed GlycerPump by creating a spray driving procedure that allows for a higher quality extract than their competition. This is the only pump ingredient in Chemix Pre.
Kanna – Added into Chemix in a huge 1g, this “mood-boosting” element has become a consumer expectation in hardcore pre-workouts. Kanna is an incredible mood booster that Cardiff Sports Nutrition staff feel each and every time we use it.
Lion’s Mane – Already included in the PeakO2 blend, but more added for its long-term nootropic effects. Research supports the notion that Lion’s Mane may increase levels of nerve growth factor in the brain — which may boost memory, memory recall, and overall cognitive function. If Kanna is the feel-good part of Chemix — Lion’s Mane is the focus element.
The 11 remaining ingredients are as mentioned, squeezed into Chemix’s 2.647g proprietary energy blend. You can see that entire mix of ingredients in that blend in the nutritional panel which includes the likes of caffeine anhydrous and citrate, eria jarensis, rawolscine, DMAE, tyrosine, and huperzine A.
The Guerilla Chemist put in this proprietary blend because they got some goods to protect here. This can frustrate customers as consumers often like to know how many stimulants they’re getting per dose, so it’s great to know that they have confirmed 350mg caffeine per scoop. He likely spent a ridiculous amount of time perfecting Chemix and wanted to protect his formulation. Included in the prop-blend is…
- L-Tyrosine – A proven feel good ingredient that works with caffeine to drive up the amount of catecholamine being released by cells. It can also improve cognitive function.
- DMAE – A nootropic related to choline that may improve focus, mental clarity, and potentially memory.
- Caffeine Anhydrous and Caffeine Citrate 350mg – Put simply it will help you stay awake and increase your power output all while helping you get lean. The caffeine per serving here is large so please be responsible with your dosing.
- N,N-Dimethylphenethylamine Citrate – This will give longer-lasting euphoric ‘buzz’ than regular PEA.
- Rhodiola Rosea – One of CSN’s favourite feel-good herb with some additional workout boosting properties. Well-known for its fatigue-reducing effects, so it’ll sync up well with the other energizing elements of Chemix.
- Higenamine HCl – Higenamine is a beta-2 adrenergic agonist, like ephedrine. While not nearly as potent, higenamine is a nice stimulant in its own right. It provides energy by hastening the breakdown of fatty acids, so it may help you stay leaner too.
- Theophylline anhydrous – Like caffeine. It’s is a great compound to add to Chemix as it has synergetic potential with both caffeine in Kanna.
- N-Isopropylnorsynephrine – This will boost your energy levels by freeing fatty acids up for energy. This is yet another example of synergy at play, as it plays with higenamine. These two together may be one of the closest things you get to ephedrine.
- Huperzine A – Combined with DMAE and Lion’s Mane. Its effects on acetylcholine levels may improve neural health, slow brain cell death, and may even help denovo neurogenesis.
What are the main benefits of Chemix
- Created by an industry leader in supplement formulations
- Heavy nootropic and stim product
- Very effective
- Highly dosed